Skip to main content

Short story

The Autumn eve 🍂



It was a glorious, colorful autumn eve. 


We’d just left the coffee shop. 


When we walked by, she had giggled and pulled me inside, saying, “C’mon, let’s be basic cool guy  and get some pumpkin spice!”


I don’t like coffee. I never had. But when she handed me my cup and looked into my eyes while I tried it, it was the best thing I’d ever tasted.

My hand still tingled where she grabbed it.


As we walked through the park with our drinks, a light drizzle began to fall. She pulled out an umbrella from her bag, I pulled up my hood and hunched my shoulders.


“Don’t be silly,” she giggled, pulling me under the umbrella with her. I couldn’t help but laugh too, her laugh is infectious.


“So Rahul…” She began. I knew this tone of voice, it’s dangerous.


“Who do you like?” She whispered, and I looked away. I wanted to say, ‘you, you, a thousand times you. You’re the only one I can ever think about. 


You’re gorgeous and sweet and funny and…’

Instead, I shrugged my shoulders and looked down at my cup.


She looked at me with a cautious smile. “If I tell you mine, will you tell me yours?”


“Okay.” I said.


“The person I like… …is you.”


I drop my drink.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quote

New book out

read it from here In A boyfriend for 24hrs, Author Kartik K writes it. It is a book based on a true event which was faced by author's friend. This book is about how a boy deeply fall in love with girl in just 24hrs.