Skip to main content

The night (short love story)

This is a story about the first year of my relationship with the girl I love.


I suppose it starts back in July 2019. She was dating my best friend at the time, they were in a relationship for a few years and it ended on bad terms. While they were dating I had only seen her one time, I didn’t really say much to her as I am a very shy and socially awkward person. I think I managed to get a few hellos out but nothing more than that.


The next time I met her was on the 31st of October. To be honest I don’t really remember that night much since I was black out drunk for the majority of it. By that time things seemed to be ok between her and my friend and that’s how I started talking to her more.


In late December we were all talking in group chats, online I am a lot less awkward and am able to talk to other people, so this was a great way for me to start talking to her.


As I started to become more friendly with her I started to realise that she’s not how my best friend made her out to be at all.


We started to hang out more, and the more time I spent with her the closer I felt to her. There are quite a few people in our friends group, I couldn’t quite explain why. But I felt like I had some sort of bond with her, like I could connect with her in a way that I couldn’t with the other people. Usually I hate it when people hug me, but when she did it always felt warm and comforting.


Where our relationship progressed was on new years eve, I had one of my depressive episodes and ended up leaving all of the group chats I was in. At the time I just felt really lonely, as if I’m destined to never be happy.


She ended up private messaging me, asking what was wrong and why I was feeling like that. There’s only a few people that know how much of a shit show my childhood was, I felt comfortable with talking about it with her. And she seemed to have the perfect response to everything. After a while I felt a little better about myself and I will never forget some of the things that she said to me that night.


For more:- follow @caballeros_kar


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quote

New book out

read it from here In A boyfriend for 24hrs, Author Kartik K writes it. It is a book based on a true event which was faced by author's friend. This book is about how a boy deeply fall in love with girl in just 24hrs. 

Short story

The Autumn eve 🍂 It was a glorious, colorful autumn eve.  We’d just left the coffee shop.  When we walked by, she had giggled and pulled me inside, saying, “C’mon, let’s be basic cool guy  and get some pumpkin spice!” I don’t like coffee. I never had. But when she handed me my cup and looked into my eyes while I tried it, it was the best thing I’d ever tasted. My hand still tingled where she grabbed it. As we walked through the park with our drinks, a light drizzle began to fall. She pulled out an umbrella from her bag, I pulled up my hood and hunched my shoulders. “Don’t be silly,” she giggled, pulling me under the umbrella with her. I couldn’t help but laugh too, her laugh is infectious. “So Rahul…” She began. I knew this tone of voice, it’s dangerous. “Who do you like?” She whispered, and I looked away. I wanted to say, ‘you, you, a thousand times you. You’re the only one I can ever think about.  You’re gorgeous and sweet and funny and…’ Instead, I shrugged my sh...